When mathematics is applied to biology or medical science, a subject with significant importance. For more free online material, see also John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health's biostatistics section.
- Armitage P., Berry G. and Matthews J.N.S. Statistical Methods in Medical Research
- Brant R. Biostatistics I, II (FREE!)
- Broemeling L.D. Bayesian Biostatistics and Diagnostic Medicine
- D'Agostino R. (ed.) Tutorials in Biostatistics Vol.1 Statistical Methods in Clinical Studies
D'Agostino R. (ed.) Tutorials in Biostatistics Vol.2 Statistical Modelling of Complex Medical Data - Collected papers from Statistics in Medicine, readable for audience with limited statistical knowledge.
- Feinstein A.R. Principles of Medical Statistics
- Forthofer R.N., Lee E.S. and Hernandez M. Biostatistics: A Guide to Design, Analysis and Discovery - See their web.
- Glantz S.A. Primer of Biostatistics
- Härdle W., Mori Y. and Vieu P. Statistical Methods for Biostatistics and Related Fields - More advanced, collection of research papers.
- Larget B. Statistical Methods for Bioscience I, II, 2007 (FREE!)
- Motulsky H. Intuitive Biostatistics
- Moye L.A. Statistical Reasoning in Medicine: The Intuitive P-Value Primer
- Norman G.R. and Streiner D.L. Biostatistics: The Bare Essentials
- Paciorek C. Bayesian Methods in Biostatistics (FREE!)
- Petrie A. and Sabin C. Medical Statistics at a Galance - See the online companion.
- Tubbs J.D. Biostatistics Lecture Notes [.pdf] (FREE!)
- van Belle G. and Fisher L.D. Biostatistics: A Methodology for the Health Sciences - See their site.
- Vittinghoff E., Glidden D.V., Shiboski S.C. and McCulloch C.E. Regression Methods in Biostatistics: Linear, Logistic, Survival, and Repeated Measures Models
- Zar J.H. Biostatistical Analysis
Statistical Methods in Epidemiology:
- Ahrens W. and Pigeot I. (ed.) Handbook of Epidemiology - For further reading.
- Bhopal R. Concepts of Epidemiology: An Integrated Introduction to the Ideas, Theories, Principles and Methods of Epidemiology
- Gerstman B.B. Epidemiology Kept Simple: An Introduction to Traditional and Modern Epidemiology - Review questions, exercises, PowerPoints, etc. here.
- Jewell N.P. Statistics for Epidemiology - Amazon reader Kalantar-zadeh comments it as a historical masterpiece in the field. Data and solution here.
- Localio R. Statistical Methods in Epidemiologic Research (FREE!)
- Newman S.C. Biostatistical Methods in Epidemiology
- Rothman K.J. Epidemiology: An Introduction
- Twisk J.W.R Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis for Epidemiology: A Practical Guide
- Wassertheil-Smoller S. Biostatistics and Epidemiology: A Primer for Health and Biomedical Professionals
- Woodward M. Epidemiology: Study Design and Data Analysis -Recommended for a first course. Mark insists that this book is written for both researcher and statistician, proofs are omitted. CRC's Instruction and Download here.
Design and Analysis of Clinical Trials:
- Chow S.-C. and Liu J.-P. Design and Analysis of Clinical Trials: Concepts and Methodologies
- Cleophas T.J., Zwinderman A.N. and Cleophas T.F. Statistics Applied to Clinical Trials
- Everitt B.S. and Pickles A. Statistical Aspects Of The Design And Analysis Of Clinical Trials
- Institute of Medicine Small Clinical Trials: Issues and Challenges (FREE! sign in required but free)
- Machin D., Day S. and Green S. (ed.) Textbook of Clinical Trials
- Matthews J.N.S. Introduction to Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials
- Senn S. Cross-over Trials in Clinical Research
Longitudinal Data Analysis:
- Davidian M. ST 732, Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis (FREE!)
- Diggle P., Heagerty P., Liang K.-Y. and Zeger S. Analysis of Longitudinal Data - Considered to be classics in the field. Data and errata page here.
- Dominici F. Longitudinal Data Analysis (FREE!) - Include taped lectures.
- Fitzmaurice G.M., Laird N.M. and Ware J.H. Applied Longitudinal Analysis - Recommended for a first course, particularly good for health and medical scientist. Data set here.
Fitzmaurice G.M., Coull B. and Ware J. Applied Longitudinal Analysis (FREE!) - Lecture slides used at the Harvard School of Public Health for BIO226.
- Hedeker D. BSTT513 Longitudinal Data Analysis (FREE!)
- Hedeker D. and Gibbons R.D. Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Jewell N.P. and Hubbard A.H. Longitundinal Data Analysis (FREE!) - Include the book Analysis of Longitudinal Studies in Epidemiology.
- Hosmer D.W. and Lemeshow S. Applied Survival Analysis: Regression Modeling of Time to Event Data
- Hougaard P. Analysis of Multivariate Survival Data
- Ibrahim J.G., Chen M.-H. and Sinha D. Bayesian Survival Analysis
- Klein J.P. and Moeschberger M.L. Survival Analysis - See Klein's page for data sets and errors.
- Kleinbaum D.G. and Klein M. Survival Analysis: A Self-Learning Text - Data files here.
- Laws N. Survival Analysis MT (FREE!)
- Selvin S. Survival Analysis for Epidemiologic and Medical Research
- Tsiatis A. and Zhang D. Analysis of Survival Data (FREE!)