Statistical Computing (optional):
These days, you can't do statistics without computer, in practice. R is a freeware, S-PLUS uses the same language, so I recommend books of this kind. Also, see UCLA's Statistical Computing page for online resources.
- Dalgaard P. Introductory Statistics with R - The author is a biostatistician, so he includes the topic survival analysis in this introductory text.
- Everitt B.S. and Hothorn T. A Handbook of Statistical Analyses Using R - Many functions, data sets, analyses and examples from the book are available here, in particular the section "an Introduction to R" is completely included free on web.
- Krause A. and Olson M. The Basics of S and S-Plus
- Kuhnert P. and Venables B. An Introduction to R: Software for Statistical Modelling and Computing [.pdf] (FREE!)
- Ripley B.D. Introductory Guide to S-Plus [.pdf] (FREE!)
- Spector P. An Introduction to R [.pdf] (FREE!)
- Spector P. R Tutorial [.pdf] (FREE!)
- Venables B. and Smith D.M. An Introduction to R [.pdf] (FREE!)
- Venables B. and Smith D.M. R 丁國徽譯：《R 導論》，《R 文檔》(FREE!)
- Venables W.N. and Ripley B.D. Modern Applied Statistics with S - More advanced topics are covered. See their web for extra material. See also B. Yakir's notes [.pdf].
- Walsh B. Advanced Topics in Biological Statistics (FREE!) - Teaches R as well.