Mathematical Modelling (optional):
"All models are wrong, some are useful." George Box. Using mathematics to model real world phenomena is useful, but not the main concern of pure mathematician.
- Fowler A.C. An Introduction to Mathematical Modelling [.pdf] (FREE!)
- Fowler A.C. Techniques in Applied Mathematics [.pdf] (FREE!)
- Gershenfeld N. The Nature of Mathematical Modeling
- Giordano F.R., Weir M.D. and Fox W.P. A First Course in Mathematical Modeling
- Meerschaert M.M. Mathematical Modeling
- Veeh J.A. Lectures Notes on Mathematical Modeling [.pdf] (FREE!)